$1.3B Mortgage Lending & Financial Services Company
A $1.3B mortgage lending & loan servicing company, in its efforts to maximize profitability through managed growth, engaged Synaptix Systems to design and implement solutions to a series of inter-related technology and business process challenges:
- Gaps in process, systems & communication between the client’s information technology (IT) organization and its business unit ‘partners’ were causing operational inefficiencies and rework.
- An Executive-level initiative to automate process workflows uncovered a need for significant changes to key systems, procedures and rules in areas such as program/project management, IT financial reporting, production change control, resource management and IT communications.
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements mandated the re-definition and/or improvement of core IT policies and infrastructure.
Synaptix Systems teamed with the client’s management in planning and implementing new processes/methods that leveraged industry best practices and enabling technologies. Using a phased approach, Synaptix designed and deployed a number of efficiency-focused solutions:
- A project initiation, prioritization and execution (PIPE) process that continues to be vital in the effective management of the IT department’s 145-project portfolio and $93M annual budget. As part of this effort, Synaptix also led a cross-functional team in the analysis and implementation of enhancements to the client’s enterprise project management system.
- Sarbanes-Oxley (audit) compliant IT policies and tools in areas such as project management, service level agreements and contract management.
- A system for managing contract development/compliance and vendor procurement, including cradle-to-grave business processes that handle 400+ new legal agreements annually.
- An IT department administration function including design and implementation of key tools, processes, roles and service level commitments.
- Enhanced change management infrastructure for IT production systems that successfully process in excess of $76B in annual transactions.
- An IT communications plan and implementation roadmap for improving IT’s internal and customer relationships. The roadmap detailed the optimal communications approach, channels, policies and tools.
In addition to driving significant steps forward in the working relationship between IT and its business unit customers, Synaptix Systems delivered process/system solutions that helped enable the client’s IT organization to:
- Provide high-quality service to its internal customers while managing ‘to-plan’ the department’s $93M annual budget.
- Successfully deliver 57 on-budget projects to business unit customers over a six month period.
- Improve compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley audit requirements by more than 60% in less than six months.
- Elevate employee & business unit satisfaction metrics by 30+%.